Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sacramento Wiki Expansion

I have created a new Facebook group for the sole purpose of editing the Sacramento Wiki which I have determined is in great need of work. I am also aware of the flood of active Davis Wiki editors who have landed themselves into Sac Wiki. As such it is important to bring more editors to the Sacramento Wiki in order to create greater activity and neutrality. I have added six hundred people to the group and hopefully it will amount to a large group, other administrators may add hundreds more. If the group expands to a large degree I will be able to coordinate lecture hall classes on how to edit the Sacramento Wiki which in turn will assist in teaching how the Davis Wiki works as well.

The Wiki is simple to use but it is sometimes intimidating to many people and it has become necessary to add more people to both the Davis and Sacramento Wiki systems. The reason being is that less than 1% of the population define what Davis and Sacramento are. This creates bias and a lack of perspective and information to the system.

As such I am going to bring it upon myself to teach wheoever is willing as to how the system works because I know a great deal about it, probably not as good as the administrators but good enough. This is consistent and a small part of the overall plan to change Davis.

There are a few observations to be made. First of all, no ASUCD official from any slate will be allowed in the group. If you join I will ban you. This is also the case with any non-friendly Davis Wiki editors. You are poison for discussion, teaching, and good will.

I am hopeful that this will give me greater editorial control, better networking abilities, and will flood both Wiki systems with new blood.

No comments: