Sunday, September 9, 2007

LEAD's hold on Davis Wiki

It is my belief that the Davis Wiki is often used as a political football by the powers that control ASUCD. The LEAD slate dominates the Davis Wiki among ASUCD savvy individuals. I do not count neutral editors in this study due to their low involvement in ASUCD edits. In this study I have listed partisans to LEAD and the former Student Focus and myself. It is my conclusion for this last year that those who oppose the LEAD regime in any particular way will quickly find their profiles and reputations in ruins. If it is not a conscious effort is an unconscious one as the Davis Wiki's tilt has gone LEAD's way. One only has to look at the LEAD wiki page and then my own public page. When it comes to opposition party's pages they are at the mercy of LEAD editors who will blatantly attack or make settle edits to make them look bad. It is my firm belief that the only thing that protects myself, my activities, my groups, my friends and allies, my favored groups, or groups I have sympathy towards from LEAD is me.

While LEAD has taken great measures to make their enemies look foolish I have taken the honorable path of not outing the drug addictions, recreational drug use, sexual orientations, corruption scandals, criminal activity, etc of LEAD officials.

I do not necessarily believe in NPOV as I love to see what people think and I find every page of the Davis Wiki filled with human feeling and emotion. Sometimes I sense humor, anger, curiosity, joy, and hatred in many of the Davis Wiki pages. With LEAD they have collectively used the Davis Wiki as an advertisement sign and are tilting it towards their side. Why is this important? The Davis Wiki is not in my view supposed to be a collection of half truths, feelings, and lies. It is to be the truth as determined by those who know. Not every Davis Wiki editor is equal. I have knowledge of a subject that others do not. Other editors have knowledge that I do not. Every editor in a way is specialized due to their proximity to the subject they are editing or their connection with the subject.

In any case if words alone cannot convince you I have listed all of the editors aligned with LEAD and everyone else. Although not all of them make constant ASUCD edits I do not either. This is to show the bias, the tilt, the gang up I experience on a regular basis. The solution is simple, a reduction in Davis Wiki LEAD editors by reducing the amount of LEAD officials who know of ASUCD, or teaching non-LEAD members how to use the Davis Wiki. With these two choices in mind it is clear that I must do both for the sake of the Davis Wiki and ASUCD. From this point on I will teach others how to use the Davis Wiki more than I have done in the past. I find myself horrified at what would happen to those not associated with LEAD if I had not been present on the Davis Wiki.

LEAD Davis Wiki Editors

BrentLaabs 3750 200 126
JamesSchwab 1511 90 74
DavidPoole 1258 64 33
JimSchwab 795 107 32
MaxMikalonis 600 13 16
PaulHarms 561 5 8
JillWeinstein 150 5 9
BobbyGray 140 26 0
AndrewPeake 132 0 1
KevinPowers 125 2 14
StevenLee 112 3 14
AndrewBianchi 93 1 8
DanXie 83 5 15
GennaCarnes 62 5 5
WeMo 57 2 64
MatthewShannon 54 0 0
DarylSuyat 13 4 4

Total LEAD edits: 9496 70.2% of all edits

Student Focus Davis Wiki Editors

JosephBleckman 857 26 1
JoseBleckman 217 5 0
EvanChait 117 5 4
CameronMenezes 99 0 0
ChrisHerold 36 3 2
AlexandraFrick 13 0 0
MollySundstrom 12 0 0

Total Student Focus edits: 1351 10% of all edits


Steve Ostrowski Davis Wiki Editor
SteveOstrowski 2634 89 40
StevenOstrowski 48 1 0

Total Steven Ostrowski edits: 2682 + (10-20) 19.8%

3 comments:

Joseph said...

Are you factoring in the account used late last year by LEAD agents on the Third Floor to play identity theft with one of Herold's frat brothers?

Steven Ostrowski said...

Yeah, I accounted for him in the numbers.

Unknown said...

So.. just curious how the Davis wiki really effects one's reputation. Though I am a great proponent of the system, and the idea of public information, I do not think that somehow it has a massive sway on public opinion on the whole, but then again I could simply be ignorant.
Am I really a LEAD agent Steve? Do I make solely lead friendly edits? it seems to me that I would be one of the people who doesn't really care so much, and one of the few neutral to the various irrelevant ASUCD dramas of the wiki.