Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Banned Davis Wiki Editors

There are many of you that I have already banned. Some of you managed to get by me only to get yourself legitimately banned a few days later. You guys do not represent all Davis Wiki editors and I have not banned every Davis Wiki editor from the Redding Wiki.

However, our past history and especially in the last few weeks has been so strained that I fear allowing an invasion of overly hostile editors onto the Redding Wiki. I cannot be constantly tried and attacked for decisions made on the Redding Wiki at this crucial point. Redding Wiki must be unified, at peace, calm, and absent of drama.

The bans have been talked about as being permanent. This is not entirely accurate although I have certainly given that indication. The bans are merely suspensions and eventually a majority of those banned will be unbanned. A few things must happen first before this happens. There must be communication between you and me on what your intentions are. I don't have to agree with your views but I need this contact. I also want to have the Redding community to outnumber in absolute and relative power to Davis Wiki editors so as to preserve culture and to give this over to the Redding people. There are also a few other things that will greatly speed this process and bring about greater trust but I don't care to bring it up.

Some of you I will never allow under any circumstances to be on the Redding Wiki and you know who you are. But for the most part this is a temporary situation. This will probably not satisfy you guys, but that is where I am at right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I disagree, and comment as such hardly an attack.
Intentions:
1) help jumpstart the redding wiki as part of my usual gnoming duties.
2) draw interest to aspects of redding which people may have been unaware.
3) enjoy life, I think that is rather important.
4) hopefully at some point see the redding wiki as a success, and perhaps not a neutral pov wiki, perhaps something beyond your control and truly owned by the community.
5) perhaps see you back down and stop being so damn paranoid; I am a bit concerned for you, I don't think you dream well if you are waking at these hours.

Steven Ostrowski said...

There are a few problems that I have with you. Yes, you made a lot of pages and you were constructive in some areas. But let met count down all of the problems.

1. Your IP address is shared with people who are obnoxious to me or just wish to argue all day on Redding Wiki regulations and nothing else.

2. Your own user page is an attack ad on me. That's not politically smart to do seeing as how I can delete the page and ban you. But even if I were more forgiving that's not appropriate when I am first getting this out to the world.

3. We have a disagreement on NPOV which is fine, except that argument is carried over onto the Redding Wiki which is not okay. You also like to make pages, and I know this to be true, specifically to make Redding look bad. You went out of your way to look up stuff that although true was made for the purpose of discrediting Redding.

4. You purposefully deleted a page and then kept recreating it in order to increase your user stats. I knew you might do something like this so I created the clause that I could disqualify you from the elections which is merely an advisory council to me. You then made a ton of needless edits when all of the content you put down could have been done in one edit all so as to increase your score.

5. I don't trust you to act normal on the Redding Wiki. You may have some sort of grudge against me, and that's fine, but it can't be carried over to the Redding Wiki. I can't be constantly fixing everything that you do.