Saturday, September 15, 2007

Redding Wiki

Today I decided to make more edits on the Sacramento Wiki to fill the missing gap that is the Davis Wiki. Although I was successful in getting my Fraternity recognized it was only through an indirect process. Although I can freely go about my editing business on the Sacramento Wiki I do not know a whole lot about the city. As such I have become more enthused about visiting Sacramento and making more productive edits as considered by the administrators. During my time at the Sacramento Wiki I haven't had to deal with any reverts and all personal attacks to my Wiki user page have been deleted by the administrators.

But I wanted to take it a next step further and create a Wiki for my hometown of Redding. There are several advantages to this plan. Only I, Steven Ostrowski, have lived in Redding for 16 years and only I can properly edit it so as to bring out Redding glory and pride. Shortly I will have people from Redding involved in this process so as to create more perspective. However, in the meantime the Redding Wiki will be NPOV as it should be for all wikis. This will prevent the very small amount of current editors from creating heavy bias on the pages. It is also quite ideal for everyone involved, their businesses, and reputations.

As a security pre-caution I have banned several users, about a dozen now, from the Redding Wiki. These individuals are either political enemies or trouble makers on the Davis Wiki and I will not allow their drama, insults, and idiocy to harm my own hometown's Wiki. One tried to get around me but within a short time he has found himself completely banned. His actions just before he was snuffed out is exactly what I mean when I need editors who are going to join not for the purpose of challenging me. Jason Aller is doing an excellent job and will probably surpass me in edits in the short run. He has done a great deal and I am pleased that he is taking part in this mission.

There are two administrators for the Redding Wiki and I hope to keep it that way so as to not overly complicate things. Last thing I want are administrators fighting amongst each other. I will make a great wiki either through administration or page building. I am going to greatly enjoy building this Wiki and I hope that the people of Redding will appreciate my style, committment, effort, and judgment.

No comments: